Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The day that began to make our family of 3 a family of 4!

Three years ago today I went to the ER. Chris and I had watched a marathon of UFC fights and the big one was due to start. We were ready. On a whim I took my blood pressure during a commercial. It was HIGH. I don’t remember the exact numbers but I looked at Chris, showed him the blood pressure cuff and said, “We have to go to Labor & Delivery.” Groaning, he got up, went and got Bryson and we headed out. After some readings at the L&D and some meds, they decided to admit me. It was so late and about 3am I looked at poor Chris and Bryson curled up on the most uncomfortable couch and said go home. I will be fine. Come in the morning. We knew then the process had begun to make our family of three a family of four. We were told that night that I would not be leaving the hospital without delivering a baby. Problem was I was only 28 weeks.



That night I did not sleep a wink. My mom, dad, sister, and Tyler had just made it to their destination for a vacation. I was up all night not knowing what to do. Should I call, I mean I might be in the hospital for 6 weeks, why ruin their trip? I waited until a reasonable time to wake someone 6am. I called Becca first, she understands what I am going through and maybe she can give me advice on calling my mom. She said call. Then I called Cindi, she got in her car and drove to Temple. Then I called Jackie, if my mom wasn’t there at least I could have someone like her. Then finally about 8:30 I made the dreaded phone call to my mom. I told her the deal; the service was spotty in the mountains so the call was very stressful. At first Julie and mom were going to get on a plane. Then they all decided they would come back. I think they had the shortest vacation ever.



Turns out I was not in the hospital for 6 weeks but rather for 5 days. 5 days later I called my husband at home at 6 am and said you need to come up here. My blood pressure won't come down and we are having a baby today. We were both scared. Everyone rushed and assembled. At 11am they rolled me into the OR and 2lb 0.6oz Troupe Maddox Jackson Mills was born. Thus began our 65 day journey out of the hospital and 3 fun and happy three years of our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wild ride that was! But today he is a normal, precious, crazy, funny, wild child who everyone falls in love with the minute they see him. I sure did on June 28 three years ago. Noni and Pop love you Trouper and are glad you are in our lives!

Carrie said...

i remember bringing my cross-stitching up to the hospital.. thought i would come teach you since you were gonna be in the hospital for awhile- turned out not to be that long! haha forgot how little he was! Hope you have a great party Troupe!! :) Love yous!