Friday, August 7, 2009

Countdown to Bryson's 9th Birthday

First before I start this blog about Bryson I wanted to just brag for a minute. Chris's back is hurt, not what I am bragging about, so he went to the Dr. today and got a bunch of meds for it. He took them and went to bed. All Troupe has wanted to do it get in bed with him. So being the good mom I am I let him. Bryson is playing so I am enjoying a quiet night on the couch. Which is why I can type this. Don't be jealous mom's of young ones. Just a perk of you husbands misfortune. Get better babe...


But I digress......

Yesterday the four of us were in the car and talking about Bryson's upcoming birthday. I told him that 9 years ago I was starting my last 2 weeks of freedom before he was born. Although I didn't know it at the time 14 days from then I would be welcoming a sweet baby boy. Although we joke about losing our freedom it has really been the most exciting and adventurous time of our lives.


Bryson is getting bigger everyday. We look back on pictures and see that chubby baby face and now his pictures look like a growing maturing boy. He no longer has the chubby baby look. He is kind and thoughtful and a ball of fun. He is a great BIG BROTHER and is a helpful son. He loves to be outside and likes playing baseball. He says the funniest things and asks some pretty good questions. I have a co-worker, Lucy, who comes to my office every so often to ask me to entertain her with a funny Bryson story. I have yet to disappoint her.

I am so blessed to have this smart, handsome, caring little oops big boy in my life. I feel like I am getting old. Who says they have a 9 year old. I dunno but I am not looking forward to that part. But what I am looking forward to is seeing what the next 9 years will bring. Surely more stories for Lucy.


No comments: