Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update

This will be a short update. I will have more to come when I get some time. We have had a busy few weeks. About 3 weeks ago after a visit from Grandma Mills (which was great and too short) Chris came up sick. Not because of Grandma though. Anyway he was tested for a variety of things and found out he had group C strep and H1N1 ( Swine Flu). Needless to say he was very lonely because me and the boys stayed away. Then last week I was set up for a small procedure and ended up having a more in-depth surgery. That was Thursday. The day before my surgery Bryson came up sick. So after Chris dropped me off at home from surgery he took Bryson to the Dr. They said he had none other than Swine Flu. Crap. So needless to say he was lonely because he was quarantined... Because of all the unintended illness at our house and Chris's unfortunate work schedule. Pap-Pap and Gammaw came to stay and help out. They were great. They left this Tuesday. What I had planned for was to be out for 2 days for my surgery but I am just getting back to work a week later. Luckily I have a very understanding boss. Anyway today, a week from the day I had surgery Troupe went into the OR. He had his tubes replaced. One had poked a hole in his eardrum, which they assure us will heal. They did the sedated hearing test and he can HEAR. Thank God. Poor Chris left his 7pm - 7am shift, came home to pick us up, then came up to the hospital for Troupe. He was exhausted. I had to come to work immediately after his surgery so he is home with Noni...

So needless to say it has been a rough few weeks. I wanted to say thank you for all the prayers and all the helping hands. Hopefully the rest of this month will be uneventful. Next week is Chris's birthday and we will be happy to celebrate not only him but our good health. More fun updates coming soon.

No comments: